Friday 17 August 2012

Day 7: Kamakura, Yokohama

Today was a cultural day. I travelled far to Kamakura where they had their famous Daibatsu (Big Buddha) and Kannon Temple (Guan Yin). I noticed on the ride over that there were lots of young girls in long dresses and sun gear. Apparently there was a beach at Kamakura! I would have gone but I think I've been in the sun too much lately so I'm losing steam faster. The big buddha in Hong Kong is more impressive. But the Kannon Temple was quite nice!






















































After Kamakura, I went to Yokohama. My aunt Melissa told me that there was nothing but a Chinatown there. I went to investigate anyways. Sadly, she was right. 










I considered going somewhere else afterwards but the trip back was so long and it was so hot that I didn't think it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment