Thursday 16 August 2012

Day 6: Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Tokyo

The original plan for today included Akasaka and Roppongi but after a bit more research I found that there really wasn't anything interesting and it would involve a lot more walking under the sun. Since I've done a lot of that already, I passed. It's a little ridiculous how much money I'm spending just on water each day. Everything is really expensive here and it seems more so since I just came from Hong Kong, which is much cheaper. It would hurt more if I came from Taiwan where I could get a giant bubbletea on every street corner for about a dollar.

First stop, Tokyo Tower. I wanted to see it because it's always featured in lots of shows and stuff. I'm guessing that they'll start pushing for Tokyo Sky Tree. But before I got there, I saw a Pokemon sign and a lot of kids holding bags with Pikachu on it. So I followed them and found...the Pokemon Center!







It's basically a giant Pokemon store but it was pretty cool. Sadly, I don't recognize any of the new pokemon. They had a giant Snorelax plushie though which was cool.

Then I tried to find Tokyo Tower. You would think that it'd be easy but it's not! It was hidden by some buildings for a while. But I made it eventually. Along the way, I found Zenzoji Temple. I just noticed from my pictures that the sky looks photoshopped.

The goal


Getting closer...

and closer..


Almost there...




Just a little more...


Hooray! Made it!


This looks like a fake photo but it's real



I didn't go up the Tokyo Tower. I didn't want to line up for so long plus the view from the government building is pretty much the same I'm told.

So I headed back and went to Ginza. Ginza is pretty boring unless you want to buy more high-end stuff. I found the Tokyo International Forum building which had a really cool ceiling and I found Sanrio World.




I want this bag...or something from this Hello Kitty nerds line.

Ginza

Ginza

Sony Building with an aquarium
Like I said...Ginza didn't interest me too much so I went to Tokyo station and the Imperial Palace East Garden. We weren't allowed to go into the palace but we could look at it from afar.
































That's all sweat...





Also, some random thing...there's a lot of joggers in the palace garden. This one guy had pulled off his shirt to spray a lot of deodorant on and change his shirt. His friend ran ahead over to the bathroom area to change his shorts. But here's the stupid thing...dude runs behind a wall so his friend can't see him from the right side but he doesn't go into the washroom so anyone passing by or walking from the left side can see him. At first I didn't know what he was doing but as I walked by, he pulls off his pants. What a dumbass...two steps to the left and he'd be in the privacy of the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment