Monday 13 August 2012

Day 3: Odaiba

Today's plan was Asakusa and Odaiba but that didn't work out too well. I'll leave Asakusa for another day.

I intended to take the local bus to Asakusa where I would board a ferry to Odaiba. While looking for the bus stop, I ended up walking to Asakusa. I didn't realize it was so close! Maybe 10-15 minutes walking..by the time I realized I must have missed it, I was already almost there. Oh well...so I walked to Asakusa. I found the pier and bought my ticket for the water bus Hinako.

There's some views from the pier. I have no idea what those weird buildings are on the right but the tall one on the left is Tokyo Sky Tree. Basically, it's CN Tower.




Me and my new 100Y hat!


See? CN Tower...




Himiko the water bus!




















If I couldn't tell from her giant Samsung phone that the lady was a Chinese tourist then I could tell when she started shoving her way into my seat to get a better view to take pictures. Japanese people are super polite so it's not them. Then she started speaking Mandarin. Confirmed.







Not enjoying the ride? I am!












He was trying to eat the pole.




Sayonara Himiko!

I arrived in Odaiba! I had a list of things I wanted to check out: AquaCity, Fuji TV tower, Museum of Emerging Technologies, Telecom Centre, Venus Fort, MegaWeb, Tokyo Fashion Tower, and Decks. This pretty much covers all of Odaiba except for Tokyo Big Sound which was too far for me to walk.








I have no idea why they have this here.










In case you can't tell...that's a poop robot.

















Gundam waffle had ham and potato in it. Not expected.





























My umbrella broke. Funny how a category 8 typhoon in HK doesn't kill it but a very strong wind in Odaiba does.







Bye bye Odaiba!

3 comments:

  1. That's a really great hat! If you really like it, you should probably get a second one for Nancy...

    Also, I'm pretty sure that boat is just a disabled space ship. Either that, or it's a real spaceship and you guys were all taking pictures of video out the windows while they abducted you away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I gotta go back to Harajuku. I don't know about the hat though. It's pretty big actually.

      There's another water bus called Hotaluna that looks like a space ship too!

      Delete
  2. I like your/my hat....tee hee.

    I want a Pokemon car!!!

    ReplyDelete