Sunday 12 August 2012

Day 2: Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Shibuya



First full day in Tokyo. I had already pre-planned what I'd do each day. So today, I was first headed to the famous Meiji Shrine.  It was a nice calming walk with lots of crickets!


















I found Yoyogi Park next to it but it was still too early for people.


Next I walked over to Harajuku. Things don't really open until 11am on a Sunday so I was way too early. I just hung around until more people showed up. Then I followed the swarms to some cool places. 

People waiting for LaForet to open up







Uhh...he was supposed to be Gloomy Bear

One swarm led me to a crepe stand.
 I found a 100Y store. Everyone's souvenir is coming from there. Everything else in Tokyo is too expensive.

Japanese Power Ranger Masks




Another swarm led me to lunch at a gyoza place








Hello Kitty x KISS

Hello Kitty x Evangelion


Bathroom decor





For Leticia, a wall of cups

Hello Hitler? Apparently there's a villain in a show that's like that.

Japanese peaches are way better








Ometesando

United Nations University

Some random statue with freaky faces


After Harajuku, I walked to Shibuya since I wanted to look at the Shibuya 109 building. It's full of clothes and girls of varying styles. Most of them have curly brown wigs, fake lashes and a lot of makeup.

Shibuya!

Lots of people at Shibuya

Shibuya
I took that last shot before I hopped back on the train to go home. Tired...It was probably 45 minutes home and it was completely dark by then. It gets dark at 7pm here. It's ok...I had a long day anyways.

3 comments:

  1. I am particularly amused by your picture of what seems to be a duck body that you wear on your crotch which a duck head pops out of when you squeeze. Good for boys and girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for ballerinas and pervs...I decided it didn't need any captions.

      Delete