Sunday 24 July 2011

Sun Moon Lake

Just returned from a weekend trip to Sun Moon Lake. Actually, we've been told to keep it hush-hush that we got to go on this trip because the school actually paid for half the trip and our program paid for the other half. The teachers at the other school didn't get this treatment so mum's the word.

Awesome time! We went to see an earthquake memorial museum, a very expensive and impressive temple, Sun Moon Lake (with a boat ride) and then to our hotel where we were given vouchers for the hot spring. I didn't go to the hot spring because I didn't think my asthma could stand it. I can't even be in a hot shower for too long. But lots of people didn't pack their bathing suit so they didn't go. Instead, we fought against Chinese tourists for the karaoke room. Then after the karaoke room closed down, we went to a lounge room and did our own sing along party. We have some really talented musicians in the group. The next day, we went to an amusement park!!! We were given NT$300 worth of vouchers to spend on food and souvenirs. Not bad at all. I went on the UFO which is sort of like Drop Zone and I went on a water boat ride. Both were terrifying. I clung on for dear life. They weren't actually that bad but I'm a lightweight. Then we had a 4 hour bus ride home. Now to make sure everything's good for the LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment