Wednesday 6 July 2011

Pre-Trip

With so many people hoping to follow along my longest trip to date, what better way to share than with a blog! So here's my blog.

It starts with some background information.

I will be flying out Friday, July 8, 2011 at 2:05pm from Toronto's Pearson International to Tokyo's Narita Airport. It's a 12h45m flight. Much fun to be had. There will be a 4 hour layover at Narita then onto Taipei!

I will be teaching a grade 8/9 split ESL class for three weeks. I've tried to prepare as best as I can but it's nerve wracking because I have absolutely no clue what level my kids are working at. They could be absolutely great at English or they could only know their names. Either way...well we'll see now won't we? It's the scariest part of the trip after the extreme heat I'll be subjected to.

Tomorrow is my last full day in Toronto before the trip. I still have to pack my things, clean my condo, photocopy my first-day materials and just make sure everything is A-OK! Will I get it all time? Let's hope so! Maybe I should stop procrastinating with this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment