Friday 8 July 2011

Morning of the Flight

Whoo! Woke up at 8am after heading to bed at 1am despite having been at Demetres with my siblings and their significant others a short while before. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep but I actually did! I guess all the other sleepless nights of worrying about my class caught up.

Well the plan was that I would wake up at 8am, take a shower, straighten up the condo since my parents are moving in when I get back, then meet up with my parents at 9:30am for breakfast and then off to the airport for 11am to check-in because Air Canada is being a douche and won't let me check-in online. Flight at 2:05pm.

When do plans ever actually follow through? I woke up to one of the teachers in the facebook group notifying us that our flight was delayed. After confirming that fact, I texted my colleagues who were not part of the facebook group and my parents to let them know. 16:25pm...new plan! Meet parents at noone for lunch and then off to the airport.

I'm sleepy now...waking up at 8am is new for Summer-Vacay Lianne.

2 comments:

  1. Sources say the delay is caused by a typhoon in Taiwan and surrounding areas...welcome to the first day of typhoon season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a picture of typhoons for me!!!

    ReplyDelete