Monday 30 July 2012

The Anime Convention

So I found out that there was an anime convention happening in Hong Kong during my time there. I'd never been to the Convention Centre in Wan Chai so I decided to go Friday night. I took the ferry from Tsim Tsa Tsui for two reasons: I hadn't taken the star ferry yet this time and the ferry pier is right next to the exhibition centre. It was pretty dark and gloomy that day, as it has been all week with the typhoon and rain.

The convention was pretty good. 30HKD entrance fee. It's $30 CDN entrance fee in Canada so...much better. It was pretty much a giant dealers room with a stage area and a food area. In the morning there was a cosplay competition that I missed as well as a dance competition. I found that in HK, the people either don't cosplay or they go all out! No in between mediocrity for them. Quite a few girls wearing regular clothes and cat ears though.

Tsim Tsa Tsui

A gloomy day at the pier



















Nostalgia! Remember them?








All the creepy guys taking pictures of the girls

I have no idea why a cosmetics company like benefit is at an anime convention

Fudanjuku performed for 30 minutes





These toys were creepily realistic. Exchangeable hands, props, even faces!


Exchangeable face!




...in case you can't tell, the boobs are more cushiony















Going home after the con

I got some cute stuff!

It's a zipper bracelet! It does actually zip and unzip.

EVERYONE had those little chicken clips in their hair.

3 comments:

  1. I love how beautiful the HK skyline is even though it's so gloomy.

    The anime convention looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I can't stop taking pictures of it!

      Delete