Sunday 7 July 2013

It's Alive!

Here's the summer blog for the third year in a row. This year's destination is back in Taiwan but some different locations.

I arrived early in the morning, 4 am actually, and with little adventure I boarded a bus to the Taipei Main Station and found my hotel. Since Aunt Alice wasn't arriving at the hotel until around 11am and I couldn't check in until 3pm, I had lots of time to kill! I wandered around one road and found some pretty streets.



After meeting up with my aunt, we walked around the Taipei Main Station which has an underground shopping mall. It was uneventful since I was just fighting to stay awake. We went back to the hotel to check in. Here's our room at the Cosmos Hotel!





Aunt Alice bought some cute gifts for the babies from the Shaolin Temple. The yellow dragon outfit is for Nathaniel and the blue outfit with the split pants is for Baby Wunton.




While we were in the hotel room there was a massive thunder storm outside so we stayed in. My aunt took a nap and I had to struggle to stay awake...not easy but I did it! I didn't sleep at all from 4am until 10pm that night. Take that, jet lag!

Around dinner time and after the storm had ended, we went out to see the technology building and a night market that had more locals.


We had some delicious shaved ice which I forgot to take a picture of because it was so refreshing.

End of first day. Lianne: 1, Jet Lag: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment